By Branton Matondo
A 21 year woman was caught in a sudden death after being electrocuted in the bathroom as was about to take a bath.
Midlands Provincial Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the incident which took place at Mbizo suburb over the weekend.
“It is alleged that the now deceased, Tinashe Nyika entered the bathroom intending to take a bath and was electrocuted after she touched the water tape.
She screamed for help and was attended by her father Joshua Nyika who found her lying unconscious” Mahoko said.
The deceased was ferried to Kwekwe General Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Inspector Mahoko added that circumstances on scene by ZRP police indicate that an electrical fault was as a result of live electrical wire cables which had came in contact with water pipes.
The body is currently at Kwekwe Hospital mortuary awaiting post-mortem.
Investigations are in progress.
Inspector Mahoko said that members of the public should always be pertinent about faulty electrical connections.
“Members of the public are advised to always have loose Electricity fittings and wires attended to by qualified people whenever they are seen as a way of promoting safety,” he said.
Total Energies Project Blocked in Uganda and Tanzania
Champion Insurance Celebrate 20 Years of Existence.
US$148 Billion Education-Financing Gap In Developing Countries